This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Simplification of wishes

Earlier on today I was in WHSmith looking at a Linux magazine and wondering whether to spend £6.50 to get the new Ubuntu distro that was included with it, and thinking to myself that I really would like to learn how to be proficient in using Linux, when it occured to me that I have a full time job, a wife and five children, an Open University module starting soon and I want to brush up on my Italian before our summer holiday, plus I bought a video camera for Christmas that I don't really know how to use properly and I want to work out what to do with the editing software. I don't really have enough time for all the things I want to do, let alone anything else. So I didn't buy the magazine. And our computers will continue to run on Windows. For the time being...

No comments: