This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joy

I got too little sleep last night; I've recently both been bereaved and become unemployed; the car has broken down and I don't have enough money to repair it, and yet when I was walking up to Tesco in the freezing cold this morning because we had no bread, I was so happy I felt like singing.

Recently I've been waking up in the morning feeling happy, with an overwhelming feeling of thankfulness for all the good things I have. I am amazingly blessed. And more than that, I have an incredible source of joy, deep down inside me, that is far better than any transient feelings of happiness.

For anyone who says "I want some of whatever he's on," I'm afraid that you might not like the answer, because corny as it sounds in this superficial and cynical age, I'm fairly sure that this is down to Jesus. My joy is linked to knowing that I am loved, with an overwhelming, unbelievable, astonishing, world-saving, death-conquering love, and that nothing, not unemployment or bereavement or malfunctioning Renaults or cold morning walks to Tesco can ever separate me from that love.

No comments: