This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Finally, all the ghoul masks that have greeted me as I walked into Tesco over the last month will be gone. All we need is one evening of not answering the door, praying that nobody throws things at the house or keys the car, and it will be over for another year. I see that BBC magazine have picked up on Halloween Choice - maybe next year consumer pressure might give us a few more alternatives, though I'm sure that the juggernaut of rising sales (a tenfold increase in the last five years) will continue to push endless Hannibal Lecter masks and bottles of fake blood in our faces. The younger children will go to the Bright and Beautiful Party at church; maybe later we can turn the lights off and catch up on Spooks and Torchwood.

No comments: