This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Prophecy?

It has occurred to me a couple of times to think more closely about the tunes that get stuck in my head, especially when it's not a tune I've heard recently, or if it's something that keeps on for days, even if I listen to other stuff. What's interesting is that if I've stopped to think "What is this about? What is this saying to me?" then often the tune drops out of my head. Now I don't know if it matters if I think that this is a message from God or from my subconscious (or even if those have to be two separate things*), but maybe I should think more about stuff that just pops up in my head.

As an example, I've been reading N T Wright's "Following Jesus" and have been really struck by lots of passages (too many to quote here), especially ideas on fear and temptation, and how God's love provides the security we need in order to be able to follow Jesus. And the bit of tune that I've had stuck in my head these last few days?

"Every day, it's getting closer, moving faster than a rollercoaster
Love like yours will surely come my way".

My God is so cool, he uses Buddy Holly songs to speak prophetic words.

*Umm... I don't mean that my subconscious is God, or anything wild and scary like that, just that there is no reason why God can't use the stuff I'm already carrying around in my head to attract my attention

No comments: