This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Off-Road Disciplines

I've just finished reading Earl Creps' "Off-Road Disciplines: Spiritual Adventures For Missional Leaders". Although it's a book about the North American church, a lot of it is applicable here. There's a thread running through it about keeping Jesus as the focus, making sure that we're doing his will - checking that we're trying to get involved in Jesus' story instead of trying to make him part of ours. I've got it on inter-library loan, and I also have Dan Kimball's "They Like Jesus But Not The Church" to read, but the Earl Creps book is definitely one that having read it very quickly (I got it out of the library yesterday) I'd like to take my time over reading it again.

No comments: