This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here's hoping for a good 2007, with a clear idea of what God wants us to do, and enough grace and courage to do it!

Had a nice little get-together last night, Amanda and Alex and Ellie came round with their respective children and though I had a moment of grumpiness when I was being sober and setting off fireworks that nobody seemed bothered about while everyone else was drinking and/or doing something warmer and more fun, I managed to get over it and just enjoyed being with people to watch Big Ben striking on BBC1 and set off party poppers. Thankfully nobody was interested in the usually obligatory round of kissing everyone else (and there wasn't even a suggestion of singing "Auld Lang Syne" - possibly because we were watching the London fireworks for 10 mins). Of course I completely forget to take any photos or video. Duh!

No comments: