This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Slippery thoughts

Two late nights in a row and I'm discovering an unfortunate side-effect of not enough sleep: thoughts become increasingly slippery. I went to bed late on Saturday night because I was playing The Sims and by the time I went upstairs Katrina was asleep and so I just said very quick and quiet prayers and (ahem) skipped reading the Bible. Then last night Katrina was playing The Sims and I was so determined not to miss out on sharing Bible reading and prayers that I stayed awake and so today I'm suffering from an inability to sit in warm rooms reading dull documents for more than 23 seconds without falling asleep. Nothing terribly unusual there, but the sad (for me at least) thing is that I had an insightful and original thought at some time today when I was nowhere near a computer or even a pencil and paper, but I said to myself "It's OK, I will remember this thought, because it is a Thought of Beauty and Originality, and will not just disappear." How wrong I was. I can remember having the thought, but the content of it, in all its clarity and profundity, is lurking at the back of my mind, and the more I try to get hold of it, the harder it is to grasp, so I must accept the fact that it is gone forever.

On the other hand it probably wasn't that amazing, while on the other Dave Sharps did a great talk at Celebration last night, based on Psalm 23:6 where he spoke about "the pursuing God": God who unfailingly, passionately pursues us in order to bless us. Good stuff.

No comments: