This is not a "niche" blog. This is everything that makes me, me - or at least the bits I write down. There's no such thing as a "niche" person.

Monday, January 22, 2007

I don't know a lot about art...

...but I know a good way of spending a Saturday morning. Benjamin and I spent the morning at a still life masterclass at Wildern, run by Anthony Kawalski, and jolly good fun it was too. Very relaxed (so that's what Saturday mornings are supposed to be like!) and non-threatening, nobody being critical or telling you what you ought to be doing, just a small canvas, a choice of paints or pencils and a selection of objects to draw. In the end I opted to draw some of the contents of my pockets, and ended up with this:
My phone is in the picture (resting on the gloves) but I took it out of the arrangement to take the photo!
However, on our way over to the D@rt centre for a mid morning cup of coffee, there was something better than any of us could have drawn: grafitti made of light:
The metal letters on the wall were reflecting the sunlight, but what appeared on the ground were strange alien squiggles that changed and disappeared as you walked past them. Fabulous!

1 comment:

Kawalski said...

Wow the force glows strongly within you!

A great picture!

Anthony